The holidays are approaching and what better way to make your dollar go the extra mile than by supporting a small business? Small businesses provide unique products and often help create jobs in the community. Every year, small business Saturday is the day after Black Friday so you may want to consider saving some of your money for a small business (some of them offer special discounts too!). If you’re like me, you’ve already started your holiday shopping. But it’s definitely not too late to support a small business.
To help you out, I’ve included a list of my top 5 small, BLACK-owned businesses that have gifts for the Millennial Queen in your life.
- Pinkmoon Loungewear: Those sexy velvet shorts that you’ve seen all over the internet (Warning: they sell out fast! Turn on their Twitter/IG notifications to catch the pre-order). I’ve ordered 3 pieces from them and they are all amazing quality! The next release is scheduled for December 5th!
- Legendary Rootz: Truly a brand that helps celebrate black culture. Legendary Rootz is known for their t-shirts with phrases that remind you to stay to true to who you are. (They have shirts for men too!)
- Juvia’s Place: Great eyeshadow palettes for beginner to pro makeup artist/enthusiast. I had the privilege of seeing their booth at the IMATS NYC this Spring and was absolutely amazed at the product! (P.S. They started their Black Friday Sale early!)
- Beauty Bakerie: Another great line of makeup products which have been featured on BuzzFeed, Nylon, and Teen Vogue. They offer cruelty-free products including lipsticks that barely move (aka smudge proof and kiss proof!).
- Tees in the Trap: Does she luuhhh God & Trap Music? Is she sophistiratchet? These tees have fun and catchy sayings that anyone would love.
*Pictures do not belong to me. Images came directly from company websites.*